ALM Charities, D. L. Gasser Construction and Milestone Materials are proud to sponsor The Big Dig Community Service Project Grant Program.
ALM Charities will be accepting grant applications for Community Service Projects for projects to be completed/built in 2022-2023. The deadline for grant submissions is May 31, 2023.
The mission of The Big Dig is to “dig in” and help out our area communities.
The Big Dig grant application serves as a catalyst to our company and its employees who value working with non-profit organizations to enhance their community through the completion of a community service project that will:
- Help build a better tomorrow for children and families of our area communities
- Encourage unity of community members of all ages to bridge generation gaps
- Create a unique and lasting experience between our businesses, our employees and our communities
- Educate the public on the value of the construction and mining industry and the benefit of having them be members of their community
- Bring out the “construction worker” in all of the volunteers and benefactors by including them in the work
TYPE OF PROJECTS
Community Service Project submissions should not be limited to gravel and asphalt type projects. Grant applications could be written for such projects/events like these:
- Community park improvements
- Homeless shelter improvements
- School playgrounds
- School program enhancements
- Community center improvements
- Food pantry improvements
- Assistance/enhancements to children’s programs
We encourage applicants to think “outside the box” when submitting their project.
Community Service Projects will be completed/ built in the calendar year 2023-2024. Due to the complexity and preparations for some of the projects selected; the opportunity for project schedules to cross calendar years exists.
PAST COMMUNITY SERVICE GRANT FINALISTS
- Boys & Girls Club of West Central WI – Reedsburg
- Camp Wawbeek – WI Dells
- Juneau County 4H Youth Development – Mauston
- Renewal Unlimited / Necedah Head Start and Necedah Food Pantry – Necedah
- Rock Springs Public Library – Rock Springs
- Beyond Blessed Food Pantry – Baraboo
- G.L.W. Elementary School & West-Wilson Parent Association Inc. – Baraboo
INVITATION TO APPLY GUIDELINES
Click here to access the Big Dig FAQ Document for assistance in preparing your organization’s grant application.
Be sure to pay close attention to the accounting and tax documentation requirements to maintain your eligibility.
For more information, please contact Tina Neuman, Big Dig Coordinator at
Phone: (608) 356-3311, ext. 5831